Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Soprano Dress

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a pic of me in my soprano dress. Musicians usually dress in demure black or black and white. Pretty meek. But vocalists typically wear very showy fancy gowns. So here's something I picked up last summer. I think I'll need something new for this summer, but it worked last week when I sang for my aunt's ceremony. My cousin's are messing around behind me. They were the one's who convinced me to wear this dress that day.

So, I sang Ave Maria at my aunt's ceremony. I got a "You should go on American Idol" compliment. That's funny a lot of people say that. Why in the world would I want to be in that contest, even if I could win.

Today someone said they want to have me sing a song for their album. This person has never actually heard me sing, but he did hear that I "phenomenol." ;-) What a hoot!

So I decided to put up a poster at my gym and a stack of business cards at my chinese food restaurant and get some paying wedding gigs going. Good luck to me.

My little bro is getting married next August. He's asked me to sing. I have to be a paid professional by then, at least 5 previous bookings to my credit. Thing I can do it?

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Goldie said...

Love the dress! You look fantastic. And I think ou could totally do it :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home