Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, July 07, 2006

In the Valley... Shannon

I've been in the valley. I felt safe there.

Being in the valley... I was surrounded on two sides by hills covered with dark trees. Up on one hill far to the east, there was the remains of a castle built by a king for his soon to be queen. A river flowed southward. As I walked across the bridge, a breeze wafted down from the north east. Most of the time, it was a gentle breeze. Often the sun shone, but the clouds were friendly -- keeping the sun from being unkind.

So whenever I think of a valley, I smile and take a deep contented breath.

I know other people like the mountain top. I feel so... lonely up there. It's amazing. It takes tremendous effort on my part to get there, to the mountain top. It's painful actually. And once I reach it, I see people jumping around from rock to rock. I take one look around and instantly sit down in fear.

I don't think I'll ever be like them. But I think I understand them, And even if I don't, I'll love them anyways. (Romans 15)

Valley of Vision (Bob Kauflin)


When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home