Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 10, 2006

we thought you'd be here by now

i shot an arrow into the air, it fell to earth i know not where for so swiftly it flew the sight could not follow it in it's flight

i breathed a song into the air, it fell to earth i know not where for who has sight so keen and strong that it can follow the flight of a song

long long afterward in an oak, i found the arrow still unbroke and the song i had sung from beginning to end, i found in the heart of a friend.

5 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle? Did you write that yourself? o_o!!

(Which also reminds me..I needa call you so I can hear that wonderful voice of yours ^_^)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Mariposa said...

No dearest darling. How old are you now? If you find out who wrote this, i'll send you a check in the amount of your age. Call anytime. (GOOOGLE IT) :-)

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is the one who wrote it..I'm 15 and expect that much money in the mail next week from you. ^_^ I'll be calling you tomorrow! ^-^

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Mariposa said...

15 bucks, dude plus the postage. That means I can't go out tomorrow night to see Xmen. Ah well, I'm impressed you found the poem's author.

Longfellow, great guy... even though he's dead now. I want to read more of his stuff. Hey, why don't you find a poem to read to me tomorrow when you call, (or is tomorrow today.) whatever! :)

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey forgive me for not calling you yesterday, I had surgery and I guess it must have slipped my mind..When I get better though I'll call you (The surgery was on my mouth so I cant really talk for long)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home