Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 14, 2005

Under the Piano

When my doctor prescribed me a new medication, I mentioned to him that I had seen that some patients experience hallucinations on that particular drug. He seemed vaguely concerned and surprised, "Let me know if that happens to you." Yeah, I definitely would. But after one day on the new meds I felt like my head and stomach were simulating my turbulent and chaotic lab experiments.

I went to the practice room after lunch one day, and eventually found myself about to pass out. I threw my coat on the floor and rolled up my scarf, set my cell phone alarm clock (so as not to miss my next class) and fell asleep to the muffled sounds of someone practice the horn. I woke up and felt like miserable. So I stumbled to lab, where my office mate informed me that going home and sleeping in my bed would be more to the purpose than sleeping on the floor in practice rooms. Praise God from whom all blessings flow, I got home okay.

But if you want to nap under a piano, make sure it's a Steinway. Better quality dreams.

Cherio!

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, wow sounds like you have a really good doctor there! I'm very glad you got home safe, and will give that napping-under-a-piano idea a try, although I doubt it will be as good as my bed but, we'll see. Ok, Love you, God Bless!!
~Patti

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i guess sleeping under the keyboard at home is out of the question? ^_-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home