Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Michael Phelps trumped the Olympics

Okay who had actually heard of Michael Phelps before the Olympics? No one - that's who. Carly Patterson. Yes. Marion Jones. Of Course. But Michael Phelps? I mean it's not as if NBC shows swimming competitions. And no one remembers him from Sydney. But oh well, I refuse to make some gratuitous remark about the media sensation surrounding him. In fact, I think he deserved it. He did great at Athens. And I must admit, I do know there are some swimmers out there who were asking him for autographs and taking pictures with him ages ago. No, the only beef I have about Michael Phelps is his visa commercial. You know the one where he swims from Athens to New York City? It just seemed stupid to me. The entire concept. I mean Athens is not even on the Atlantic.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mariposa said...

Michael Phelps is going to be at a mall nearby signing autographs. The disturbing thing is that I actually want to see him. Aghhhhhh, the power of the media!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home