Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

music and love

Josh Groban: His voice is like falling in love - beautiful. It's hard to believe. Listening to him sing is definitely an experience.

I went through weeks of contemplating whether I wanted to see him in concert. There's risk involved. I've been studying voice at the Peabody Conservatory, and I'm an engineer. I can't help but be analytical. But, after capitulating to peer pressure from a fellow fan who would be accompanying me to the concert, I finally plunked down the $100 and bought a ticket.

Well, I've officially joined the ranks of the crazed, screaming Grobanites. The concert was supremely exciting. I've never been so nervous anticipating something. Josh is an excellent performer - very funny and personable on stage. His interaction with the audience is something that I rarely see at concerts. His solo violinist was lovely. She danced around the stage like a ballerina. Really. That may sound silly, but it's true. And she was a great musician. Sometimes her bow looked like it would fly out of her hands.

Actually the instruments reigned supreme that night. At one point Josh put down the microphone and ran over to the drum set. He's awesome. It was excellent. For a full play by play see his website. The "Oh my Josh" fans are very obliging. It's hilarious. Side Note: As an native english singer, naturally, his italian wasn't always convincing. But what can you do? Also hearing Josh through an onslaught of amplifiers and at the end of a busy tour is totally unfair. This doesn't do him justice. In the end, if you love the voice, it's best enjoyed at an intimate coffee shop, cds are brilliant inventions. If you love the guy, go to the concert nearest you. However, there are those that are fortunate enough to have their cake and eat it! I'm grateful to be one of them.

Cherio!

Mariposa

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Goldie said...

You got to see Josh Groban in concert!! I'm very jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home